Friday, February 24, 2012

Green's my favorite color!

Inheritance (Inheritance, #4)Inheritance by Christopher Paolini

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


Christopher Paolini’s long awaited conclusion to the Eragon saga meticulously wraps up every plot thread that the young author has spun in the almost ten years since he was professionally published (something that I found a little irritating). Still, Inheritance was a must-read for me as I loved the first book. But sadly, the sequels Eldest and Brisngr didn’t eclipse the first book’s excellence, and Inheritance is no different. I think that actually made me dislike Inheritance more than I otherwise would have. Instead of going out with a bang, Paolini gives us more of the same with no surprising plot twists or breathtaking revelations. Like with Eldest and Brisngr, Inheritance suffers from long stretches of uninteresting filler chapters, and wooden melodramatic dialogue, with an ending that is sour and anticlimactic. I did like this book, but only because I loved the first one.
P.S – If Star Wars and Lord of the Rings had a baby, and then was adopted by Dragon Riders of Pern, it would look like the Inheritance Cycle….just sayin….




View all my reviews

No comments: