Friday, October 3, 2008

Star Wars the way it ought to be!

The recipe for creating a great Star Wars story is to take the settings and characters that Lucas created and let someone else run with it (so I hear about the Timothy Zahn sequel trilogy to R.O.T.J.). Such is the case with Star Wars the Force Unleashed. In this hack and slash game, you play Darth Vader's secret apprentice, a Sith called "Star Killer" (I guess Sky Walker was already taken). As part of proving to Vader that you are ready to aid him in overthrowing Emperor Palpatine, you are assigned to hunt down the Jedi that escaped the infamous "order 66." In an ingenious Star Wars plot twist, you turn from the dark side and eventually become a Jedi and are actually the one who founds the Rebel Alliance. I could sum up my feelings for this game by simply saying "IT ROCKS!" From the time I was little, I always wished I could wield a light saber and blast things out of my way with the force. While that isn't likely to happen anytime soon, this is the next best thing. Force lightning, sweet light saber duels, and throwing storm troopers out into space with a wave of your hand make this one gaming experience one you do NOT want to pass up. And being released on five different systems (each game a little different), you won't have to. The only negative thing I thought about this game was, why didn't we see this kind of Jedi/Sith action in the movies? Learn what a force warrior really can do by playing the Force Unleashed! In my not so humble opinion, this game gets a perfect 10! Oh yeah and the story and acting are great for a video game.

No comments: